Complaint Process

What is a Complaint?

A complaint is a dissatisfaction expressed verbally or in writing concerning the services received or that you think you are entitled to. This complaint is submitted to the Local Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner for Teen Haven.

Who Can File a Complaint?

Any current or former Teen Haven client. Grandparents or relatives of the client may also contact the Local Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner if they are dissatisfied with services being provided to the client.

How to Start?

If you are not satisfied with the services received, we first suggest that you discuss the matter with the staff who provided the service or with the staff’s supervisor.

If you are not comfortable with this, or did not get satisfactory results talking with a Teen Haven staff, you can file a complaint directly with the Local Commissioner.

How to File?

Verbally: Call the administrative secretary at Teen Haven (514-769-1441) to advise that you wish to make a complaint. The administrative secretary will forward the message to the Local Commissioner, who will phone you back.

In writing: You can fill out the back side of this complaint form and place it in the mail box provided in the Moffat or LaSalle Group Home or mail it to:

Office of the Local Service Quality & Complaints Commissioner (LSQCC)

4360 Bvld. Lasalle, Verdun, Qc. H4G 2A8

You will then be contacted by someone from the office to discuss your complaint.

How is a Complaint Processed?

Once a complaint has been received by the Local Commissioner, it will be processed within  45 days. During the inquiry, you will be contacted and invited to submit your observations. Together we will determine the steps necessary to address your concerns. The process is confidential and kept in a specific file in the office of the Local Commissioner.

At the completion of an inquiry, the Local Commissioner will present her conclusions and recommendations to the concerned persons. She will then inform you of the outcome.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome or if you do not get an answer after the 45-day period, you can first discuss the matter directly with the Local Commissioner. If no agreement is reached, you can file a written complaint with the Public Protector at:

1080 Côte du Beaver  Hall, 10e étage, bureau 1000

Montréal, QC H2Z 1S8

Montreal Region: 514-873-2032

Toll-free across Quebec: 1-877-658-2625



Can I be Assisted in the Process?

At all steps of the complaint process you can be assisted by a person of your choice or a member of the Teen Haven User Committee for support and satisfaction who can be reached at 514-769-4400 or 514-769-2800.

You may also call the Complaint Assistance and Support Centre (CAPP) in your region:

Montreal region: 514-861-5998

Toll Free across Quebec: 1-877-767-2227